Lynette McArdle, CC BY-SA 3.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0>, via Wikimedia Commons
Advent is often called a semi-penitential season, or perhaps better, a season of anticipation. Work hard through the next three weeks, looking ahead to the joyous feast of Christ's coming (and being done with the semester)!
Here are a few notes:
- Prayers: We continue to hear from families who are suffering in a number of ways. Please pray for all the students, teachers, and families who are struggling right now.
- Advent Workshop Link: Some history, great projects (including a wreath and Jesse Tree), prayers, and more at Catholic Culture's website
- Costume Judging: The student judges will be hearing from me this week and the judging of teacher costumes will take place.
- End of Semester Schedule: Don't forget that the late work grace period ends on December 21st. No assignments or exams are accepted for grading after that. PARENTS: Please be sure to help your kids plan a successful end to the semester by seeing that everything is done by the end of the grace period and ahead of your own travel and feasting plans.
- Second Semester Enrollment: Don't forget to get enrolled for second semester, if you haven't already.
As always, get into tutor times and speak with your teachers about anything and everything. They can't help, if you don't ask. Have a great week!
Great Words: Age quod agis. ~ "Do what you are doing."
Be not distracted, but commit yourself entirely to your legitimate tasks. Do them whole heartedly, properly, and with excellence.