How to Use the Virtue and Spiritual Formation Program:
- Chose which Virtue and Spiritual Formation Program you are going to use this year. Three options are available: one based on St. Francis de Sales' Introduction to the Devout Life, another on Thomas a Kempis' Imitation of Christ, and the third on the Sayings of the Desert Fathers.
- Each program includes thirty reflections, one for each week of school.
- The Virtue assignment/reflection should be completed first thing Monday Morning.
- Follow any instructions for reflections in the guide during the rest of the week.
The first year Study Skills primer teaches general academic skills—from organization to memory techniques to analysis to how to work successfully with teachers. These basic skills are reinforced and practiced in each of our Primer courses.
"Primer" courses are recommended for 7th grade students who are transitioning into independent middle school work. They can be appropriate for high achieving 6th grade students. The Study Skills courses are helpful for students of all ages who need to build practical academic skills.
- Teacher/Author: Kenneth Rolling
Study Skills 1 teaches typing. Utilizing a third party, online typing system, students learn typing from the ground up. The lessons and sequence are chosen from those available, progress is monitored, and grades are gathered into the grade book. The goal is a 75 word per minute speed.
This course is recommended for 8th grade students, but is useful for any age student. Beginning in 9th grade all other RAS courses will presume the ability to type.